Spain is a popular tourist destination. It is well-known for its rich history, beautiful architecture, beaches, and delectable food. The best seasons to explore Spain are in the spring (March to May) and fall (September to November). The weather is mild at this time of year, and the crowds are smaller. Indian citizens require a Schengen visa to enter Spain. With April already around the corner, book your Spain Visa now.
Spain has many famous cities and attractions. These include Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Granada, Valencia, the beaches of the Costa del Sol, and the Balearic Islands. So, apply for a Spain visa to visit these beautiful Spanish locations.
Let us go through this list of documents required for your Spain visa-
- Original passport issued within 10 years
- Valid for six months beyond the last intended date of departure from Spain
- It should have at least two blank visa pages remaining
- Avoid having alterations or handwritten amendments on the data pages
- Three recent colored passport-size photographs (35 mm wide by 45 mm high and without border) taken within the last three months
- The facial image has to be between 25 mm and 35 mm
- Clicked against a plain white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- You should note that scanned or unclear photographs are not accepted
You must provide one of the accommodation proofs while you book your Spain visa:
- Holding/Confirmed Hotel Voucher
- Cruise Confirmation Voucher
- In case you are staying at a friend or relative’s place, then an invitation letter with the invitee's ID proof, passport, or residence card copy along with their financial documents (email with colored scan copies will work)
4. Flight Ticket
The applicant must put forward a holding/confirmed flight reservation (India to onward and Return).
The applicant needs to provide a day-wise itinerary that gives information about their travel plans on plain A4 size paper. If booked through a travel agent, then you should print the itinerary on their letterhead.
6. Travel Insurance
Before you book your Spain visa, you should keep these travel insurance details in mind-
- Travel insurance is mandatory with coverage of a minimum of 30,000 Euros or 50,000 USD / per person
- All costs associated with medical repatriation, urgent medical attention, or emergency medical therapy in a hospital
- Additionally, the insurance should cover the entire stay in the Schengen territory
7. Proof Of Sufficient Funds
The applicant has to provide the last six months' bank statement signed and attested by a bank official in case the applicant is employed. In other cases, you should provide the bank statement of the person sponsoring your trip. Apart from this, all bank statements must be dated within the last week before you apply for a Spain visa.
The applicant has to submit the income tax return assessment for the last three years if employed. But if not employed, you should provide the income tax return of the person sponsoring your trip.
9. Cover Letter
If employed, a cover letter from the Applicant on A4 Size Paper is mandatory. And in the case of self-employment, visa booking requires a cover letter on Business Letter Head.
10. Employment Letter
Applicant needs to provide an employment letter on official company letterhead, stamped and dated. It should contain the contact information (address, email, telephone number) as well as the name, position, and signature of the countersigning officer. Additionally, the letter must state the name and position of the applicant. The salary, years of employment, and approval of absence/position after returning should also be mentioned.
11. No Objection Certificate
In case a student / minor wishes to apply for a Spain visa, a NOC from the School / Institute is needed. Along with the NOC, a copy of the ID card is required.
- If you wish to book your Spain visa for the first time, you will have to appear in person to provide biometric data
- This rule does not apply to children under the age of 12.
- Visa2fly will schedule a suitable appointment at the designated visa application center for biometric data collection and visa application submission.
- Biometric data previously submitted (after November 2, 2015) is valid for travel to any Schengen nation for 59 months from the date of submission.
- Additionally, in some unique situations, some member countries may ask for the re-submission of biometric data if they deem necessary
13. Other Documents
If the candidate is self-employed, he or she must provide a GST copy. And if employed, a leave letter from the company along with a copy of the Employment ID Card is mandatory.
Book your Spain visa with Visa2fly
Do not forget to keep these documents handy before you book your Spain visa. Spain has a rich and diverse culture, and you need to respect local customs and etiquette. Moreover, Spanish people are generally friendly and welcoming. Overall, Spain is a beautiful and vibrant country. So, it is worth a visit if you are planning a trip from India. The representatives at Visa2fly will help you at every single step and help you book your visa. Lastly, for swift end-to-end assistance, call us at 1800-547-5030 or visit www.visa2fly.com.