Known for its beautiful beaches, gorgeous streets and much more, Spain is one of the top travel destinations for travellers around the world . Being one of the top tourist destinations for tourists all over the world, Spain is undoubtedly one of the best places for travellers to have their best time. If you’re looking to plan a trip to Spain, then this article will help you with all the crucial details and requirements that you need to know for applying for a Spanish tourist visa.
Why is a tourist visa for Spain from India necessary?
Tourists are required to apply for a Schengen Visa in order to enter Spain for tourism. With a Schengen Visa, tourists can spend up to 90 days in Spain and other Schengen approved countries. This is required for all nationalities who are planning to visit any of the Schengen countries.
How to apply for a Spain visa for Indians?
You can apply for a Schengen Visa from a Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country. Visa applications for Spain are accepted by all embassies and consulates of Schengen countries.
Apply Online Spain visa
You can also apply for Spain visa online with these steps:
- Fill in the Spain e-visa for Indians application form.
- Collect the required documents.
- Select an interview date.
- Attend your interview with all the required documents.
- Pay the tourist visa fees.
Spain tourist visa applications should be processed at a diplomatic office of the leading destination you plan to visit prior to 15 days before your journey so as to leave some time for visa processing. You can apply for the Spain tourist visa as early as 90 days before your visit.
Documents required for a Spain Tourist Visa
In order to apply for a Schengen Visa, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Spain tourist visa application form
- Two recent passport photos
- Valid passport
- Travel itinerary
- Health insurance (documents from insurance provider)
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of financial means
- Letter from tour organiser (if travelling with a tour agency)
All travellers need to obtain the Health Control Form (FCS) to enter Spain.To aid in your application, sometimes additional documents may be needed.
For an employer with a work contract:
- Evidence of employment status.
- Current bank statement of the latest six months.
- Leave permission from the employer.
- Income tax return.
For self-employed visitors:
- Income tax return.
- A copy of the business license.
- Bank statement of last six months.
- Proof of university or college enrollment.
- Birth certificate.
- Letter of consent from parents.
- Passport copies of both parents/legal guardians.
- A notarized parental authorization signed by both parents/guardians if the minor will be traveling alone.
Spain tourist visa application rejection
If your Spain Visa application is rejected and you are not granted a visa, you will receive an explanation letter explaining why your application has been rejected.
In this situation there are two options:
- Change one thing and create an application that is more efficient to avoid the mistakes you made previously and improve your position.
- You can also write an appeal letter if you believe that your visa application was rejected unfairly or due to an error. It is essential to have a solid base for writing this letter, and you must provide evidence to support your argument.
Processing time for visas
It can take anywhere from one to two weeks, or 10 working days to take care of the visa application. The time to process a visa can also extend up to 30 – 60 days in some cases.
The extension could occur during times when the embassy in which you file the application has received numerous requests for visa processing or because of your particular situation.
Validity of a Spain tourist visa
The validity of a Spain tourist visa is three months within the half of a year. The validity is generally determined by the authority that issues the visa. Although you can obtain a visa that lasts for three months, it is possible that you may also obtain one that’s valid for up to three consecutive days.
Fulfill your dream of travelling to Spain with Visa2Fly
If you need help applying for a Spain Tourist Visa, then Visa2Fly is your best option. We at Visa2Fly offers multiple services ranging from helping you with visa documentation to travel insurance. Apply for a Spain visa with Visa2fly now!