The second-largest country in the world, Canada, has an abundance of breathtaking scenery and places to discover. From coast to coast, Canada is a place of stunning natural wonders, majestic mountains, and sparkling glaciers, which will bring out the wanderlust in any traveler. A person is required to apply for the Canada Visa (or temporary Resident Permit [TRV] visa when they are planning to visit Canada for a trip or vacation.
Canada Tourist Visa refers to a short-term Canadian alternative to immigration that permits travelers to visit Canada to enjoy tourism or leisure. It is also known by the name of a Canada visit visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). The Canada tourist visa permits the applicant to stay in Canada for six months.
However, it is important to note that the Canada visa is separated into two categories:
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
- Permanent Resident Visa (PRV)
There are Canada visa eligibility requirements that should be met before applying. The Canada Tourist visa covers certain factors like the applicant’s nationality and age, health standards, as well as certain valid documents. The following information will aid you in understanding the eligibility requirements for Canada.
- Those nationals who do not belong to the list of countries exempted from procuring a visa will have to apply for a Canada visa. Indian citizens can apply for a visa to visit Canada.
- However, the Canada visa for Indians requires an applicant to hold a passport that must be valid for up to six months from the intended date of entering Canada.
- Children who are younger than 18 years of age cannot apply for a visa. They are not permitted to travel to the country until grandparents or parents accompany them.
- In order to meet the health requirements, applicants must be healthy and be free of any chronic illness. However, it is suggested that applicants with a health issue should inform the embassy about the condition. Therefore, an examination by a doctor is mandatory.
- It is essential to have money to cover your expenses in Canada. The Bank balance should be maintained with respect to the amount on the application form.
- If you’ve been invited by one of your family members, friends or relatives, the invitation letter should be attached to the application form.
Required Document Checklist:
- Original Passports that have six months of validity
- Canada Tourist Visa Application Forms
- 3 Color Photograph in accordance with Specifications
- Covering letter that outlines the information of the applicant
- Hotel Booking
- Day-to-day Tour Itinerary
- Air tickets
- Original Leave letter from Employer/School/College
- Salary slips from the last one-year period (If employed)
- Shop Act or MOA/Deed (If self-employed)
- Original personal bank statements from the last six months
- Form 16 for the past three years
- If you’re a student – Copy of your ID card from the school or college.
- If you’re a retired pensioner, you must have a retirement proof/pension passbook as well as slips
- Other financial documents such as FD, NSC, PPF, Shares, Property papers
How do I apply for a Canada Visa?
Before applying for a Canada Tourist visa, one must be aware of the fact that to get the visa; you can opt for the process online since it’s among the easiest methods. Although offline procedures are also possible, the online method lets you track the entire process without much effort. After you’ve decided on the application method, you may want to adhere to the following guidelines to complete applying for the Canada tourist visa application. The criteria are:
- When submitting a Canada visa application online, one of the first actions is to check the eligibility criteria.
- The criteria for eligibility can be understood by reference to the question on eligibility that is in the guide. After verifying eligibility, one can gather all mandatory documents required by the Government of Canada.
- If you decide to go for an online platform, it is possible to create an account through the Government of Canada website. It is also possible to complete this process using your bank information. Once your account is open, you will have to fill out two forms like,
- Formula IMM 5257 i.e., the application to be a Temporary Resident.
- Form IMM i.e, Family Information Form.
- 4.Other than the above forms, you could also be required to fill out the forms below (if needed).
- Form IMM 5409
- Form IMM 5476
- Form IMM 5475
- After you have filled in the required information on your application, you will be required to submit the necessary documents to support your application.
- You will need to send it in when you’ve completed your application. At some point, you might be invited for an interview or biometric screening following the embassy’s completion by confirming your application.
How can Visa2fly help you?
Are you still confused about the process for obtaining a visa and need help in completing the Canada Visa application? Get assistance from a knowledgeable and reliable travel agent from Visa2fly. From helping you with visa documentation to providing travel assurance, Visa2fly has got you covered.